Cutest Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

April 16, 2009

Rob and I went on our annual anniversary trip to a hotel. I enjoyed the break, but John has regressed quite a bit. I think that combined with a four day weekend made things really difficult for him and he is acting out a bit. Kids do that.

Chris is gearing up for next months AP testing and of course band UIL. He isn’t feeling very well though. He and Mark are having trouble with their voices. I guess a virus is going through our home again.

Eric just finished his classroom stuff for Drivers Ed and we spent 3 hours at the DPS getting his permit. He passed with flying colors.

Mark isn’t doing much. He and Eric passed off their swim test for camp. That is about it. He helped Eric with the teacher’s quarum fundraiser of mulching. Eric will be going scuba diving this summer. He will be scuba certified for life when it is over. Rob doesn’t much care, but I think it will be a good thing for him.

I went to John’s ARD yesterday. It is fun to talk to his teachers and see how he is doing at school. He had a rough day yesterday. He was wet when I went to get him for the bus. He had undressed, so he was late for school and I wasn’t too happy either. He kept saying, “I don’t want to go to school!” I’m thinking that there is no way he is going to learn that if he wets his pants he doesn’t have to go to school. This is the first time he has done anything like this in a long time. I thought maybe he was regressing like I mentioned before but when I got to the ARD I learned another reason for it. Last week his class planted seeds. His teacher said that he enjoyed it and was right in there with the rest of the kids but when he got back on Tuesday the plant had started to grow. John was totally freaked out and wouldn’t have anything to do with his plant. She said he was standing with his back to the wall wa-a-a-y on the other side of the room. When I talked to him about it he said, “I don’t want to take my plant home today.” (Whatever that means.) I tried to explain what had happened, but I am not sure he understood. He made a little easel at cub scouts. He had a good time learning to put it together. He got to use a hammer and screw in eyelet screws. The pounding noise didn’t even bother him. He was happy about that. He loves playing with the babies at wolf den. The leaders have not yet sitting up babies. I think he is about at their social skill level so I kind of let him play with them instead of learning about tools.

Daniel was hilarious last night. Chris printed out something on the Kids computer. Daniel stood there staring at the paper as it came out totally fascinated so Chris wrote him a little note and printed it out. Daniel was totally keyed up about it. He could almost read it himself and it came out of the printer and he saw it on the computer screen! I guess he didn’t know about printers before. He thought it was pretty funny. He is doing great in school and is even trying to write words phonetically.

As for me, I am keeping busy with dr. appointments. My back has been hurting for about a month so I got myself a new doctor and now I am being prodded and poked. Hopefully, after she gets all her information, things will slow down. I am just trying to stay busy until Daniel’s next MRI on May 1st. I am not really worrying about it, but it is a lot easier not to worry about it when I am busy. I am just glad the talent show, day camp forms, and pack meeting are over. I don’t feel half so stressed out.

No comments: