Cutest Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

April 30, 2009

Chris is busy studying for APs and getting ready for Prom. Kelly won’t let him get away with being a cheap date. He has to rent a real tux and a limo and the whole shebang. I’ve given Chris a list of housework he could do in order to earn money. We have some outside work as well, but so far he hasn’t done much. He says he is going too, but I don’t know. We are like, you want $300, you better start working your rear-end off. Especially since prom is only a couple of weeks away. We don’t just dole out $300. If he won’t, I think Eric will. He still has a long way to go before he has enough money to go scuba diving. Chris is enjoying going in late to school because of TAKS testing.

We had a wicked storm come through on Tuesday that flooded a bunch of stuff. We usually only get that much rain associated with a tropical storm or hurricane. It flooded school out for the day all over Houston, including Katy ISD. That messed up the TAKS testing schedule, because all the schools were suppose to start on Tuesday. It works out well for me though, because now Chris will be home on Friday so he can put John on the bus while I take Daniel down to Texas Children’s. Now Rob doesn’t have to stay home. Tomorrow I will spend the entire day at the hospital. Bleck! But at the same time, I am looking forward to the MRI. I need the calmness that will come from the thing in his head not growing. I worry. I’m mom. I always worry.

Anyway, on to Eric…uh…uh…I can’t think of anything that I didn’t already write. Chris and His band both got superiors at UIL. I already talked about getting ready for Scuba diving…Oh; he drove to church last week. He has a cavity. He is still ticking like crazy…that’s about it. Oh, I think he earned his life badge on Wednesday. I just messed up on blue cards for cit. in the Nation. I have to run his (not one of Chris’ old ones) over to brother Crabtree today. It is a little out of whack, but I think we will make it work.

Mark went to Fiesta Texas last Saturday. He was exhausted for two days. He really needed that rainy day school cancellation in order to catch up on rest. He won two stuffed animal, a pikachu that he gave to Daniel and a floppy dog that he gave to John. They were pretty big, about half the size of Daniel. I am really glad he didn’t go for the biggest size. Mark has earned enough merit badges to advance to life but he still needs about 3 more months time as a star. That is really good. Eric is going to have to bust his…behind to get Eagle before Mark does. Mark just smiles about it. Brother Short wasn’t very good at doing merit badges when Eric was in the troop. He has a whole schedule down for Mark’s group though. Eric just has to be more independent.

As for John, there is always something to write about John. He is on a fieldtrip to the zoo today. He was saying, “I don’t want to go on a fieldtrip with my class.” Poor kid. The only one in the world that doesn’t like fieldtrips. I tried to explain what the zoo was, but it just made him more afraid. I suppose a kid that is afraid of a plant growing is going to have trouble with the idea of the zoo. I should have gone, but I just don’t have the energy for it. I have too many other things going on.

On to Daniel, hmmm, can’t think of anything much. He is his happy go lucky self. He loves school, he loves home, he loves going places, he loves playing games. About the only thing he doesn’t love is John hitting him and who would like that? Yes, John still takes his anger out on Daniel. Daniel is 85 lbs now and John is only about 65 lbs. One of these days, Daniel isn’t going to just collapse on the floor, he is going to take John out and I think John deserves it. I told Daniel in the car last night to have at John. It wasn’t like I could stop them. I was tired of yelling so I just said, “hit him back Daniel.” Well they had a tiny little tussle, but John lost his shoe and then they were both laughing. John keeps telling Daniel, “don’t hit me back when I hit you.” I keep telling John, “Oh, yes he can. That is what people do when you hit them.” He doesn’t get it yet though. I’ve also been trying the, “do you like to be hit? Well, neither does Daniel.” John keeps expecting Daniel to hug him right after he hits Daniel and then says I’m sorry. Daniel is usually not quite ready to forgive at that point. Then John gets mad and hits him again. It is a crazy, silly thing. It will work out eventually though. It isn’t fun when it is happening, but I thing it is funny at other times.

No comments: