Cutest Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

March 13, 2009

Chris is getting ready for AP testing and signing up for housing at BYU. The full orchestra had UIL yesterday, but Chris did not know how they had done. I listened to the pre-UIL concert and of course it was GREAT! I am sure they did as well as ever, but Chris said that Oliver really messed up on one song and sounded like he was sight reading, sooo, I will have to let you know next week. One of the songs was Jupiter. Oliver had better not mess that one up as often as they have to play it for the alma mater. Next week he gets his wisdom teeth pulled. Hopefully without any cardiac hitches.

Eric is totally engrossed in a fantasy series. It has 10 books in the series and he has done nothing but read for the past month. I know exactly how he feels because I spent last month reading them myself. I am just now coming out of my book fog. Next week Eric will be busy mulching yards. The scouts are doing fundraisers so they can go on a Scuba trip for their high adventure. It is going to cost a lot, but not as much as Disney world or New York. Eric doing fundraising will help.

Mark found a new series of cartoons on Google so he is engrossed in watching that. Actually, all the boys gather around the computer and watch it with him, including Chris. It gets pretty crowded over in that corner. Mark is also excited to finish a Nintendo game before Eric. He has come down every night this week and said, “I have almost beat Eric.” I don’t know what game it is, but I think Eric is to busy reading to play the game much. Mark told me he had never finished a game first. I told him that was because he was two years younger then Eric, not to mention you and Chris, but he is still really determined to finish this game before Eric.

John had pinewood derby last night. Rob made the car. It is a green wedge one. John painted two white stripes on it. For the first heat, he wouldn’t take his care to the track so I did it for him. For the second heat, I dragged him over to the car, but he wasn’t kicking and screaming and he was happy to watch the race. For the third heat, he did everything all by himself. I was so proud of him. Now we just have to remember to do everything 3 times so he will do it himself! He had a great time and carried his car home all proud and possessive. It was wonderful. He has been getting on the bus great for 3 whole weeks. He comes running downstairs to eat, even when I have to wake him up, he eats, and gets dressed without any fuss and then when the bus comes he runs out to it. Can you believe it? I am still dazed and expecting to fight every morning, but I have only had one small fight in about a month and that was because he was sore and didn’t want me to change his underwear because he was a little messy. I’ll take that after years of big fights over going to school.

Daniel is doing fabulously as always. He went to a birthday party for one of the girls at school. He was the only boy there. The girls just dote on him. I heard lots of great stories about him from parents. I was told the girls fight over who gets to help him at school. One girl was furious because another girl wouldn’t let her help Daniel. Another story, the girls like to chase Daniel at recess. I was told that when one of the girls gets home she is asked, “What did you do at recess?” “We chase Daniel.” “Do you catch him?” “Sometimes, when he falls down.” Of course, Daniel is oblivious to all of it. At the party one of the girls said, “Now, Daniel, don’t get to wild!” The funny thing is, until the very end, he was the calmest of the bunch. His teacher told us at his ARD that he has just started to learn to swing. He isn’t going very high, but he is starting to pump and get the rhythm. So much for the girls chasing him. He is probably going to spend the rest of the year trying to learn to swing.

Rob was all stressed out about pinewood derby, but that is over now. Now he gets to stress over getting Chris to college. Other then that, it is just work and WEBELOS and everyday normal stuff for him for now. I am sure something will come up to stress him out though.

Maybe his stress will be me stressing out. I am trying to get all the Cub Scout forms ready for day camp. UGH!!!! I hate that. We are short about 6 volunteers and I don’t think we can come up with that many. We have a lot of 2 scouts in a family with mothers with really young babies. That means they cannot attend because they can’t leave their babies for 7 hours. I don’t know where we are going to come up with the volunteers. On top of that, I am in the midst of planning a talent show for the Relief Society birthday party on the 26th. That is scary in and of itself. My worst problem is that spring break is next week, so I am trying to finalize everything by the end of this week. Trying to do cub scouts and relief society, both finished by Friday afternoon is making me crazy! My callings are clashing. That is stressing me out. I’ll be fine. I just have to keep on keeping on. One foot in front of the other and somehow, with the Lord’s help, it will all come out okay. Time will take care of stuff. It will all be over at the end of the month, and then something else will take over. It is a good thing to have the comforter keep telling me that I can do this (whatever this is at the moment). One day at a time and then time marches on and then this too shall pass.

No comments: