Cutest Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 6, 2009 It has been a rough week

It has been a rough week. John went off the deep end. He was screaming and yelling about everything. He also got diarrhea which caused him to get sore, which made cleaning him up and absolute nightmare. It was only because Eric helped me hold his legs that I didn’t end up with a black eye or broken nose. He is much better now. We haven’t had a screaming fit for 2 days. That was after 7 of a fit at least 3 times a day, (not including diaper changing times). Whew! I am glad I got through that. I even barked at your dad. I was completely depleted, but I am bouncing back fairly quickly.

As for everyone else, Eric started marching band last night. His trombone should have been in the shop this summer, but we forgot, so I am wondering how I am going to take care of it. It will take about 5 days to get it working properly again. His slide is sticky.

Mark is going on a “be a whimp” campout on Friday. They will be camping out in the a leader's back yard, playing video games and swimming. They’ve done this a couple of times. The scoutmaster has cancer so campouts keep getting downgraded to something less strenuous. He is still a great scoutmaster though.

Daniel is his happy go lucky self. He still can’t hold a conversation, (which is upsetting Rob) but he IS starting to talk in 3 or 4 word sentences and he almost always remembers to add Paul in his list of brothers. I think he has a hard time with Paul because he didn’t actually learn our names until after he left for college. It makes it harder for him.

John seems to understand that Chris will be leaving soon for college like Paul did. What I am really surprised about is that he seems okay with it. He will be loosing his roomy. I told him I would have Eric move into the room in Chris’ place so that he wouldn’t have to sleep alone. He didn’t respond, but since at the time he was trying to sleep in my bed with me because Chris wasn’t home yet, I think it was a bit of a relief. He went to his own bed then and went to sleep.

I am just trying to survive the last 3 weeks till school starts. I can’t wait to have the house to myself again. It does get lonesome at times, but at least my nerves aren’t shot. I need quiet time, when none of the computers, TVs or video games are on. The constant blaring and clashing of different games and music has me on edge. Right now, Daniel is watching a PBS show called Word World, and playing Kirby. John is playing what looks like megaman on the other computer and Mark is playing something upstairs. Your dad is in the den working and Eric and Chris just got home from playing tennis. They will add to the racket soon.

No comments: