Cutest Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3, 2009-"Mom, you have a lot of friends" and “I said ouch!”

I forgot to give John his medicine for a couple of days over thanksgiving break. He has had a really bad weak. I don’t think that will ever happen again. It isn’t worth it. He has been fighting school and saying he has a headache (his new “I’m sick” routine.) He almost had the school nurse calling me. I told her to check with Suzette (his YCAP teacher) first. He ended up in YCAP that day. He told me this morning, “I hate school!” (So what else is new.)  I asked what he didn’t like about school. He said, “I hate doing subjects!” I was a little confused by that one so I asked him which subject he didn’t like. He answered, “Science. I hate science.” I was surprised by that one. I prompted, “You like, Sid the _______” he filled in, “Science Kid!” I told him, “Sid does Science all the time. That is what it is about. Everything he does is Science. He listens to his teacher and then he does science.” John didn’t say anything. He just looked thoughtful.  I'm not totally sure he was listening.


People have been saying hi to John a lot (as always) but now he answers back and asks them how they know him. They usually answer that they have known him a long time and know me (because it is usually women at church who say hi to him.) He told me with a sigh the other day, “Mom, you have a lot of friends.”

Daniel has been doing great as always. At his MRI when we went into the prep room Daniel said matter of factly, “I get poke.” So he is beginning to recognize the place. The people there are beginning to recognize us as well. As they were inserting the IV Daniel whined, “Ow, Ow,” (poor baby) When they finished, (which was really quickly) he looked at me accusingly and said, “I said ouch!” (like I was suppose to stop it) I gave him a hug, but now I just laugh every time I think about it. He is so cute!

No comments: