Cutest Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

November 16, 2010-You shouldn't tell a lie unless you know the truth!

John is doing pretty well I guess. He is as difficult and sweet as ever. He has said some really funny things lately. A few days ago he stood in front of me and said, “Mom, Dad is your husband.” I nodded and told him he was right. Then his dad walked into the room. John looked at him kind of funny and said, “Dad…you are… (he got a really concentrating look on his face trying to figure this out) her wife!” Didn’t quite get it, but he sure tried hard. Then, on the way to church a couple of weeks ago and were riding in his dad’s car listening to one of his accapella CDs. The song was  one about, “my teacher told me not to tell a lie”. John piped up from the back seat. “You shouldn’t tell lies… (long pause with concentrating look) unless you know the truth!” I’ve been laughing for a couple of weeks now at that one. I’m not sure what he meant, but I am pretty sure it wasn’t that.


Daniel is doing great other then he is totally spaced out again. It is good to see him back to his old self, dancing, running and singing. He is really struggling in school though, but he did miss a bunch of days this last six weeks so we will see how this six weeks goes. He loves school; he just can’t do science, social studies, or a lot of the language stuff. It is pretty difficult when you can’t express your thoughts, predict anything or answer how or why questions. He is getting there though. He can sometimes answer why he did something.

No comments: