Cutest Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

January 31, 2011 John surprised me yesterday by doing great at church

John  surprised me yesterday by doing great at church. I forgot to give him his medicine on Saturday so I expected a rough day. I even considered having him stay home with your dad and Eric so I wouldn’t have to deal with him. There were so few of us that we sat on the side behind the Leytons. Brother and Sister Leyton or John’s new primary teachers. John sat with them through sacrament, then happily went to class and just as happily went to sharing time. It was a little warm in the primary room so he kind of fell asleep. He didn’t even have a hard time waiting for Mark to clean up the chairs. No screaming, no fighting, no yelling. I was stunned. As for school…we have another ARD coming up. They need to tweak his behavior plan. They finally realized that they needed to take John out whenever he is being a pill. (Just like I have been telling them.) They finally decided I was right and found a place to take him to do his work. I wish people would listen to me. They would save a lot of fuss and trouble. I hate the beginning of each year because it is all new people. It takes until now for them to figure out I am right. We finally get what he needs by the end of the year and then boom, we are back at the beginning again. It is soooo frustrating!


Daniel is his happy go lucky self. He is practicing for the 2nd grade performance on the 8th. They are apparently doing a little break dancing and then the 70s point because Daniel has been doing that for the last few days. He is really cute. We’ll have to get a video of it. Daniel took the 2nd grade OLSAT and SAT10 tests. He did really poorly compared to the rest of 2nd graders. You guys got in the 80-90th percentile ranges. Daniel got in the 10-50th percentile. On verbal stuff, average is 50-5, Daniel got 1-1. I’m not sure you can get lower then 1-1. It is hard to explain how it works, but I think you can see he is struggling. He is doing as well as he is able though. All I can do is laugh. I knew he wouldn’t do well. That kind of test doesn’t really reflect what he is capable of. BTW, math was what was in the 50th percentile. Everything else was in the 10s and 20s. He got regrouping and barrowing really quickly! We are all surprised at how easily he understood it. John is still struggling with barrowing.

No comments: