Cutest Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2011

November 21, 2011 when life gets this insane laughter is the best way to handle it.

This last couple of weeks has been more crazy than usual. We got the results from Daniel’s neuropsych review, which turned out to be pretty much the same as what his autism testing a couple of years ago. In other words, the surgeries have not affected him at all, Yeah! What is really cool is that it gives some really good information for his teachers. It reinforces how important it is to teach visually and kinesthetically. His intelligence still drops in about half when you use language.


Daniel made the cutest little video about Saturn with his new friend Kaisei (k-say). I’ll try to attach it but I am not sure it will work. I am supposed to get another little video tonight about Daniel teaching his class a song about the solar system that he made up, (I think). It is to Jingle Bells and very cute. Daniel is the one who talks first in the Saturn video.



This last week the washing machine broke. I put John and Daniel’s smelly clothes in to wash and walked away as I usually do. A few minutes later your dad heard John yell the first load right now. It is like Deanna’s washer, the front loader. “Stop it! Stop it!” Rob thought he was yelling at Daniel. So Rob asked John what was going on. John told him there was water all over the floor in the dining room. That is how we discovered the machine was broken. We had a big mess to clean up quickly. Water and wood floors don’t go together very well. Since I had put ALL of Daniel’s pants in the wash and the all smelled of urine and the washing machine hadn’t even gotten water onto the clothes and it was about 10:30 pm, I ran to Wal-Mart and searched out some pants for John and Daniel to wear to school for the next few days. I hate washing clothes by hand and I was going to be too busy for it anyway. Thank goodness Wal-Mart is open 24 hours a day. Unfortunately, when I took one of the pair of shorts I got Daniel, it was more their dad’s size then Daniel’s size, so Daniel has been wearing the same pants too school the last few days. Luckily, he could wear PJ’s on Saturday. The next day we ordered a new washer, which came today. Yeah! Your dad is putting in

I had to be a Texas Children’s at 6 on Friday for Daniel’s MRI. It came back as no change, Yeah! That is what we want. I had been up a little late getting things ready for the morning, laying out clothes, getting stuff for me to do and for Daniel to do and I had to go shopping for milk on the way home so I took a nap that afternoon. The phone woke me up. And things went crazy for us.

On Thursday, John had hit another student on the playground, so one of his assistant teachers made him walk the track. This is part of his discipline plan. John didn’t like it of course so he hit the teacher a few times. She let go, he ran toward the door, she grabbed him and pulled him back to the track and a “community member” saw her pull him and thought the actions were inappropriate. So he took a picture of the teacher. I forgot to ask one question, who was in trouble, John or the teacher. I stressed all night long until I called the CAP supervisor and she told me it was the teacher. We all feel bad for her because she didn’t do anything wrong. What do you do with a two year old who runs from you? You grab them and pick them up. Well, we can’t pick up John anymore and he is emotionally about a two year old. So anyway, that is all being investigated, and hopefully no one goes to the media because explaining John is not easy.

So, now it is Monday and life is sort of back to normal, whatever that is. We’ve got thanksgiving and Mark’s birthday coming up and of course Christmas so of course it still busy and crazy. one touchdown. In the last seconds, the Cinco quarterback threw for a touchdown and it was intercepted in the endzone. Oh, well. It was an exciting game.

When life gets this insane laughter is the best way to handle it.

No comments: