Cutest Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

John's Birthday

It has been a very busy week.  Monday, after I wrote I spent all day shopping for tackle box/organizer plastic boxes for some of the stuff I am making for Montessori.  I didn’t find exactly what I wanted, but I found stuff close enough.  I went to several different stores searching and searching.  My feet were killing me.  On Tuesday I did the same thing only looking for a lady bug pillow pet for John’s birthday and the video games he wanted.  The video games were easy, the pillow pet…I never found a big one but I did find a ladybug pillow pet mini.  He loves it so I guess I won’t go online to order the big one. 

John had his birthday and loves everything he got. He has been very happy except for church. That didn’t go as well as I had hoped. I should have known it wouldn’t go the best because of the time change, class change, and we went home early because I was sick and Rob was conducting primary music on the 1st and we didn’t go last week because of his scratched eye. Actually, considering that the week before that was Christmas and it was only sacrament meeting, he did pretty well. He didn’t want to go to class and through a short fit in the chapel about it, but then we walked around the building and he played with all the babies in the hall. He went to sharing time just fine, or they didn’t come get us. So, I guess he did really well.


I don’t have any Daniel stories this week. We have been busy catching up on his reading I’ve been neglecting. He had about a week to get 100 minutes reading. That is tough for us to do. He is kind of a slow reader so listening to him is hard. He is always mixing up he and she, and of and for. It takes a lot of patience to keep correcting him over and over and over every day but we made it. He got his 100 minutes.

No comments: