Pack Committee Positions
1. Chartered Org. Rep. (Bishopric Counselor)- Staffing, Encourage training, act as liaison between charter org. and troop, see that boys graduate, assist w/ rechartering, suggest good turns, emphasize advancement, bring in district help and promote its use. Finance the budget, encourage recognition of leaders.
2. Cubmaster- Attend basic training, attend roundtable, plan and conduct pack meeting, work with committee on program ideas and recruiting adult leaders, help establish a budget, guide and support den leaders, Utilize parents, ensure a quality program and National Summertime Pack Award. Assist committee chairman in conducting annual planning conference and monthly pack leaders' meeting. Assist with recharter.
3. Den Leader/ Assistant- Attend basic training and roundtable, lead den at pack meeting, work with other leaders harmoniously, encourage boys' advancement, keep records, utilize parents, involve male role models, attend annual planning and pack leaders meeting.
4. Den Leader Coach- (Is an experienced Den Leader) Attend roundtables and basic training, aid den leaders with training and first few den meetings, Attend monthly pack leaders' meetings and committee meeting, encourage adult awards, assist with staffing, communications link between den leaders, and cubmaster, participate in annual planning meeting and pack meeting.
5. Outings Specialist- Help Cubmaster plan outings, secure tour and property permits plan safe transportation, ensure adequate first aid is available, take care of safe swim defense, National Summertime Pack Award, Serve as Day Camp specialist to pack, see that BSA Health and Safety policies are observed.
6. Advancement Specialist- Help plan and conduct induction and graduation ceremonies, conduct advancement ceremonies, train parents, fill out advancement reports, order badges, and promote uniform use.
7. Public Relations- publish quarterly newsletter for parents and leaders, inform media of special items of interest, write thank you's and do special recognitions for leaders and parents.